On a cold, gray day like this one, I’m needing a jolt of the earthy yet whimsical work of Lisa Neimeth. Creating her pieces of functional art in a converted chicken coop right in the middle on San Francisco, she captures the spirit of craft-made-modern.
Have you ever had that moment when you look around your house and it becomes painfully obvious that many of your decor statements – that, at the time of purchase you assumed would be timelessly modern – well… aren’t? I’m having that crisis of confidence when it comes to a few of the decade-old rugs I am currently co-habitating with, and have begun the mission to repent and replace. Here are a few of my favorites under consideration – though I make no guarantees they will stand the test of time; only that they’d be jolly good right now.
As part of my new job, I actually have to go “experience” a black Friday in action – live and in person. This is distressing to me, as I am a decidedly foul morning person and am significantly more likely to go to sleep at 4am than wake up at that time. Besides, I deliberately try to be less so compelled to buy products because they’re a good deal (anyone else have a closet full of “good deals” – unworn and with the tags still on them?), and more so because I love and adore them. So, my ode to Black Friday is simply a menagerie of lovely things… in black. And to those of you braving the crowds today – good luck and Godspeed.
MM&T (Materials, Manufacturing & Technology) is an international trade fair held in Hong Kong that features innovations in leather, materials and components, technologies and services, for the fashion and lifestyle industries. Today, we’re showcasing their predictions in color, fashion and lifestyle trends for the Spring Summer 2013 season.
Images courtesy of WeConnectFashion, an awesome company that helps fashion companies succeed through business networking, market research & fashion industry know-how.
Want additional spring/summer trend resources for the season ahead? Click on “TREND”!
- TREND spring/summer 2013 – Top Fashion Colors
- TREND spring/summer 2013 – Prints and Colors
- TREND spring/summer 2013 – Fashion and Lifestyle Colors and Themes
- TREND spring/summer 2013 – Color trends from Pantone
- TREND spring/summer 2013 – Fashion: Women’s Careerwear
- TREND spring/summer 2013 – Fashion: Kids
- TREND spring/summer 2013 – Fashion: Menswear
- TREND spring/summer 2013 – Fashion: Knitwear and color
- TREND spring/summer 2013 – Fashion color trends from Pantone
- TREND spring/summer 2013 – Home Interiors
Or click HERE to see all trend-related posts!